The Cincinnati 2030 District Energy Impact Team (EIT) was formed in March 2020 to support building owners and managers in achieving their 50% energy reduction goals by the year 2030 by both reducing energy consumption and shifting to renewables. EIT members commit to supporting the 2030 District by:
- Developing programs to help reduce energy consumption or offer renewables to 2030 District Members.
- Supporting identifying sources for funding to continue the progress.
- Developing educational programming to support 2030 District members to reach their goals.
The EIT group norms are:
- We agree to support EIT by meeting every month with regular attendance in at least 50% of EIT Meetings recognizing that commitment is challenging during these times.
- We are representing the greater good of the community and the 2030 District members.
- We support the 2030 District by offering our expertise, organizational resources, and personal connections as appropriate.
- We are all approaching the agreed-upon goals and related challenges rather than our personal goals.
- We offer our expertise and resources to support the group outside of meetings as appropriate.
Since its inception, the EIT and its members have supported 2030 District members on various programmatic efforts to help building members reduce energy, including:
- Building Walk-Through Program
- Duke Class Benefit Fund Business Incentive
- Energy focused 50% Solution Series Sessions notably:
The EIT comprises 2030 District Members and Partners whose work directly supports the 50% reduction goal of the District with knowledge and expertise in advancing energy efficiency, renewable energy, and sustainability in the built environment. Check out the recording below for a recent example of EIT meetings.